Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Godliness with Contentment

1 Timothy 6:6-8
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we bring nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

Why should I not chase suppossed "needs" of a regular student, When Paul says "if we have food and clothing , we will be content with that."

Paul Overstreet (don't know who he is, heard this in a sermon by Alistar Begg) wrote a song:

I've heard tell of millionaires
And of billionaires and such
Who gathered all their treasures
And still did not have enough

If money could buy peace of mind
I guess they'd have it all
But all the money in world
Won'nt hold when you fall

Chorus: We've got a roof over our head
And the kids have all been fed
The woman I love most
Lies close beside me in our bed
Loed give me the eyes to see
Exactly what it's worth
And I will be the richest man on earth

Lord I when I wish I had the things
That you gave someone else
I pray that you'll forgive me
For just thinkin' of myself

I haven't been as thankful
As I know I ought to be
I should be more satisfied
With all you've given me...

Jesus spoke about clothes and food along the same lines as Paul.
Matt 6:31-32,
"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall I we eat?' or 'What shall we drink' or What shall wear?' For the pagan runs after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need."

My Heavenly Father knows what I need. My real needs, I might add. After all in the very next verse I'm told in Matt 6:33, to seek His kingdom, His righteousness and all these things will...Why? My Father's provision is sufficient, therefore I can rest in Him.

Why did my covetous student heart not see this all important truth?

-Lloyd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your mapleleaflloyd.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com