Friday, October 20, 2006

"God's Work-God's Way"

It is hard to do things God's way because I want to do things my way! How often do I find, time after time that by doing things my way brings dissapointment. Not only that... things could have been better had I chosen God's way. Instead being the stubborn child I am at times, he has to "rock my world a little" so that I'm on my knees, putting him in the center of my life serving his purpose and not my own.

This week was no different. By now after, all the lessons God has taught I still did things my way. If I was obediant, the past two weeks of university world have been great. Instead, doing things my way has brought me despair. Yet he still persists with me and that His Will will be done. Listening to a sermon of Dr. Jeremiah "God's Work-God's Way" rebuked me in many ways but it was truly a blessing. One of the questions he posed: "Do you raise Jesus up in the center of your life?" If you have time, listen to his sermon over the internet http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Turning_Point/archives.asp?bcd=10/6/2006 (really awesome)!

-Lloyd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true my brother, so true!!!I miss your helpful comments and encouragement,in before/after C.H.A.M.B.E.R. conversations...Ive learnt that the effort for choosing him is want He wants, not trying to be perfect!
Keep running..