Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hello and Happy New Year to You!

Wondered why this blog has been dead for most of this month? I'm recovering!

My New Year has been painful. I've spent the first three days in hospital, the next four recovering at home and from then on it only got worse (in a health wise). After two days back at university the pain resurfaced...

After couple of pain killer's I visited the medical clinic my Dad works at and the doctor suggested I have a blood test. My parent's heard right and my Dad spoke to the surgeon.

Long story short, the surgeon used a scope to have a look inside my tummy. Then he removed my appendix and my appendix appeared normal.I'm at home now and recovering quickly.

The good part about the painful new year, God has truely been merciful untoward me and I have been humbled.

Here's what I know now. People can exhibit the symptoms of bad appendix differently. An appendix can become inflamed and can also return to normal. The question is when will an appendix burst?

My point-it was God who led me to the clinic, after just a simply prayer before going onto a bus while I had the option of staying on campus and resorting to the pain killers my Dad had given me. The surgeon apologized to my parents for the pain I was suffering and he prepared them for the worst and suggested the cause of the pain to be cancer and of course nobody told me. Poor me, lying in a backroom in Emergency blistfully unaware and in pain!(Would have been nice to have known the surgeon's educated guess. Let me tell you now with the pain I was experiencing, to have heard the words "cancer" there is no way I could have coped)!

The blood tests were clean and it was agreed that my appendix be removed. To some that story resembles the worst possible start to the New Year. In and out of the Hospital seems to be great way to spend a holiday.

To me, that was the best New Year yet. I never had the answers to my pain or for that matter my health but I know that there is a God who is Soverign and does these things for good of those who love him. Romans 8:28. Oh ya, I almost forgot...

Happy New Year to you!

-Lloyd

No comments: