Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dealing with Reality-Part 3

A strategy to overcome trauma, the manual "Self Confrontation," to summarize: Do not look back at but move forward.

Paul reminds us in Philippians, that it is not enough just to look back but to move forward.

Philippians 4:12-13, "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Lastly, "speak of the goodness of the Lord and the recent difference He has made in your life."

Collosians 4:6, "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."


Things to consider. Just two days ago I "should have been killed in a vehicle accident." In no way did I intend to endorse this book more than the Word of God. I am still feeling the after effects of the accident but in working through this manual, I realized two things.

The importance of God's word and that his Word is timeless. There were many sound biblical references to various points. I shared a couple that were relevant to my situation. Firstly to deal with this trauma by speaking about it. Secondly, to testify of God's grace He has lavished upon us. Lastly, to serve as an encouragement to you in lieu of my situation. I cannot express in words how grateful I am to God, for giving me a second chance at life. This car collision was nothing short of a miracle.

-Lloyd

No comments: