Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Discovering the Beauty of Grace

Grace. God's unmerited and undeserved favor. My school chaplain, back in the days of my schooling at Bishops in South Africa he used to say when speaking of grace: "Nothing I do more will God love me less. Nothing I do less, will God love me more."

Paul, in Romans 11:6 speaking of the remnant of Israel had this to say:

"And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace."



Despite the many mistakes, regrets, God has worked in all these and I'm in absolute awe. The many mercies that were displayed inspite of those mistakes. Just standing in amazement how He worked things out. Six weeks ago I was beyond despair. After hearing a sermon in the book of Jeremiah, a timely reminder of the Potter's freedom. The throwing myself unto His Sovereignty battered torn and I have learnt since then of His never ending mercies. Instead asking why. I prayed keep me under as long as you desire and teach me what You will. Though I may never be able to fathom His purpose or His ways. I cannot describe the change inside of me apart from His grace.

-Lloyd

No comments: