Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Knowing a Little Means Alot

Job despite his physical and emotional toil being compounded with the folly of his three freinds (Job 19:1-23)could say this:

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me (Job 19:25-27)!"

For the first time today in last 3 weeks in working through my anxiety it feels as if the dark cloud hanging over my head is beggining to move. This comes after days following and before last Wednesday of outright despair and turmoil. Thats not to say that I'm now all of a sudden out of the clear. God sent me a timely reminder of an old chorus I used to sing as a kid at church:

"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.Because He lives, All fear is gone.Because I know He holds the future, And life is worth the living just because He lives."

"I know that my Redeemer lives..." is reason enough I can face what may come my way. I don't know what tomorrow will bring nor should I. I don't know how long it will take until this inner turmoil will continue. The fact that "my Redeemer lives" not only gives me hope but reason to rejoice.

Towards the end of the book of Job, Job never asks God why but repents for speaking out of turn. Yet before repenting he says the most incredible thing: "Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know."

The things I don't know (the why, the how long, the therefores) has been the biggest comfort to my troubled soul. "Because I know he holds the future, And life is worth the living just because He lives."

-Lloyd

No comments: